Lake Margaret Trout

Luckily, the rods and tackle that I had brought with me from Knoxville proved a success, and I was able to harvest two beautiful trout from Lake Margaret (near Duvall, outside Seattle) were Beatriz lives in a beautiful house. One looked a bit like a lake trout, spotless, and after gutting it and gilling it moments after taking it from the water, it revealed its beautiful pink orange flesh. The second trout, a bit smaller, but also more than a foot long was a rainbow, with the more familiar clear white meat. I think both of these fish were stocked, fed different diets (I hear that with the right dye combination, any fish meat can be made salmon-colored, probably achiote), but I was amazed at how different they were. After powdering both fish with good salt and pepper, they were grilled whole at high heat with the gas grill closed. Just enough to make the skin crispy, eyes white, and not have any clear raw flesh left. I have to admit that I love cooking small trout these days because small trout have small heads that can be crushed, chewed, and enjoyed. We cut both trout in chunks and after noticing that the rainbow had a bit of a complex slightly fishy (muddy?) scent and the other trout a clear smooth scent, we shared a stunning meal with hands and smiles. Bea lives on this bountiful lake with a group of beautiful energy friends. It was fantastic to contribute a complementary meal.