Check THIS Out

So I'm a bit back-logged in my postings because I've been too busy eating. I live in some decandent forest of France now, but my photos are crammed full of foods from Asia-- the tamarind sauces, the savory zest of lime squeezed on fried noodles, the fragrance of burnt peppercorn and chili... something which seems a distant memory away. So here another distant if drool-inducing image. Sticky rice, steamed in a thick fond-de-je-ne-sais-quoi then fried with crab eggs and scallions, served with soups. This is from one of my favorite restaurants in Taipei, the Hao Chi restaurant. The You Dou Fu there is also excellent, with a mild oily sauce coating a the flan-like white tofu. The oyster omlette with the sweet gravy. The searing smell of the scampi in the skillet, infused with the fragrance of rice wine, salt and cilantro. The night market foods of Taipei are concoted with the unassuming practical genius of a hungry worker with Taipei beer in hand and looking madly for perfect and rapid aperitif, unsubtle in taste and bold in volume, and ever satisfying.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com